UPPCS-J Important Topics list (Guess paper for PCS-J )-2018 Mains
Prepared By Amit srivastava sir & IAS NEXT team
Constitution of India and Polity
- Nature of Indian Constitution. Indian Federalism is Dynamic in nature. It is Competitive Federalism. Comment this statement in context of GST and 14th Finance Commission Report.
- Importance of Preamble
- Doctrine of Severability and Eclipse (Article 13)
- Article 14 – Rule of Law
- Equality and Arbitrariness are sworn Enemy? Comment
- Whether Indian Constitution permits protective classification?
- Whether Article 13 applicable on personal Law?
- Right to information and right to be inform
- Critically analyse judgement of Maneka Gandhi case
- In India Secularism does not mean anti-religion but tolerance to all religion?
- “PIL is not pill for every ill.” Explain this.
- Whether “Right to Privacy is FR” (KS Puttaswami Case)?
- Whether judiciary usurping the functions of other organs of government. Wright down the situation of judicial activism in India.
- FR and DPSP relationship.
- FD’s are not to destroy FR but to balance it.
- In India President is titular head, real power west in council of minister.
- Write down the current position in case of appointment of Judges of SC/HC.
- Write down the roll of green tribunal in case of air pollution.
- Freedom of trade and commerce.
- Article 310 and 311 (Protection of civil servant)
- Provisions regarding emergency.
- Constitutional Morality & Social Morality
- New Cases on Constitution
- Sarkaria Commission
- S.T. & 101st Amendment.
- Triple Talaq
- 35A Validity of Jammu Kashmir Resettlement Act.
- Money Bill, Expenditure charged on CFI, Appropriation Bill, Vote on Account, Supplementary Grants, Policy Cut, Token Cut, Economy Cut, Public Account Committee, Estimate Committee, on Public Under taking, CAG, JPC.
- Whether Governor is an agent of Central Government?
Indian Contract ACT
- 10A I.T. Act
- Communication of Acceptance when complete? (through post, telephone)
- Nature of minor’s agreement and voidable contract
- Difference between void agreement and voidable contract
- Define and explain with examples public policy
- What do you understand by Doctrine of frustration? It is applicable in India also?
- What is quasi contract?
- Breach of Contract
- Difference between indemnity and Guaranty
- Privity of Contact
TRANSFER OF PROPERTY ACT
- Define actionable claim. How it can be transfer?
- Rule against double possibility.
- Rule against perpetuity and exception. Difference b/w Indian Law and English Perpetuity.
- Doctrine of Election (S.35) and Equitable Doctrine of Election.
- Rule of accumulation
- Doctrine of acceleration
- Holding Out
- Part Performance
- Clog on Redemption (Once mortgage always Mortgage)
- Define lease how it can be terminated?
- Define gift with case laws.
- Read illustration of section 25, 27, 31, 35, 115, 126, 132
- Whether Hindu marriage is contractual or sacramental?
- Judicial separation and divorce.
- Problem on Women State (section 14 HAS)
- Cruelty and desertion
- Problem on adoption and Surrogacy.
- Importance & Applicability of Shariyat Act.
- Widow’s right of retention (Maina Bibi v Choudhry Vakil Ahmad).
- Constitutional validity of Triple Talaq and Halala. Conditional and Contingent Talaq. Validity of Talaq Pronounced by drunken Person.
- Gift of Life interest in Muslim
- Provision of Wasiyat
- Validity of Nikah and Talaq on Mobile
- Right of maintenance of Muslim Wife
- Hiba, revocation of Hiba, Conditional and Contingent Gift, Gift to Juristic & Unborn Person.
SPECIFIC RELIEF ACT
- Changes in 2018 in SRA (S.20)
- Section 4, 5 and 6
- What contract can’t be specifically perform?
- Granting Specific performance is discretion of court
- Difference between rectification recession and cancellation of contract
- Definition of Partnership
- Right and Duties of partner
- Doctrine of holding out
- Dissolution of firm by court (S.44) & on equitable ground
- Minor as partner
- Effect of non-registration firm (2016 PSCJ)
- Define trust. Kinds of Trust. How it can be terminated?
- Breach of Trust
- Disability of trusty
- Right of beneficiary (2016 PCSJ)
- Vicarious liability of state (2016)
- Medical negligence
- Strict liability
- Malicious Prosecution and False Imprisonment. Whether Company is liable for M.P.?
- Defence in Defamation. Whether simple abuse is defamation?
- Define easement. How it can be created?
- Easement of necessity and quasi-necessity.
- Define license whether it can be transferred? How it can be revoked? Difference between lease and license. (2016 PCSJ)
PAPER – III (LAND LAW)
- Consequence of abolition of Zamindari.
- Who are BTR? Restriction (2016)
- Rights of BNTR.
- Consequence of transfers (lease, sale, mortgage) in violation of provisions of Land law.
- Problem on succession (male and female property)
- Allotment of land for agricultural and housing site
- Compensation and rehabilitation grant
RENT CONTROL ACT
- On what building these acts not apply?
- Define standard rent. How it can be determine?
- What is deemed vacancy?
- Allotment and release of building
- Eviction of tenant.
UP URABAN PLANNING ACT
- Development Authority and its constitution
- Advisory committee
- Master plan and zonal development plan
- Procedure for approval of plan
CONSOLIDATION OF HOLDING ACT
- Definition – Consolidated Area, Consolidation, Chak
- Meaning, Object and benefit of consolidation
- On what land consolidation will not apply?
- Effect of notification.
- Meaning and confirmation of provisional consolidation schemes
- Closure of consolidation operation
UP PANCHAYATI RAJ ACT 1947
- Constitution and function of Gram Panchayat
- Removal & Election of Pradhan. Election of Up-Pradhan.
- Nyaya Pamchayat
- Power of state government to make laws.
UP MUNICIPLATITY ACT, 1916
- General functions
- Composition of municipality
- Disqualification of membership
- Removal of President
- Power of DM (S. 32-35)
- Election of president
- Municipal Taxes
INDIAN PENAL CODE (50 MARKS)
- Doctrine of mens-rea (2016)
- Difference between preparation and attempt (2016)
- Mistake of fact is defence, mistake of law is no defence
- Section 84 (medical and legal insanity)
- Criminal conspiracy
- Common intention vs. common object
- Difference between CH and murder
- Grave and sudden provocation
- Section 354 A,B, C and D (2016)
- Difference between kidnapping and abduction, riot and affray, theft and extortion, wrongful restraint (Problems from book) and wrongful confinement
- Amendment, 2018
- Constitutional validity of S. 309, 377, 497, 499.
PAPER – II
- PLAINT AND WS FOR M.P. (2016), SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE OF CONTRACT, Ejectment of Tenant
- JUDGEMENT CRIMINAL JUDGEMENT ON THEFT, DOWRY DEATH
- What is civil nature suit and its example?
- Constructive RJ
- RJ between co-defendant (2016)
- Problem of place of suing (Section 19 and 20)
- What cannot be attached on execution of decree? (Section 60)
- Reference, review and revision
- Set-off (O8R6 all illustration, difference between legal and equitable set-off, difference between set-off and counter-claim) (2016)
- Order 33 Indigent Suit (2016)
- Attachment before judgement (2016)
- Interpleader suit (O 35) (2016)
- Amendment Power, Inherent Power and Discretionary Power (S. 151) (Seth Manoharlal v Seth Heeralal)
- Amendment, 2018. FIR related problem.
- Section 31
- Procedure for arrest – Section 41, 41 (A to D)
- Summon to government servant and army persons
- Proclamation and attachment
- Charge (Section 111 to 223) – all questions
- Difference between trial of complaint cases and cases instituted on PR
- Summary trial
- Confirmation of death proceedings
- Illustrations of Sec. 213, 215, 300
- Direct and circumstantial evidence
- What fact are not otherwise relevant become relevant Section 11
- Define admission who can made it (Section 17 to 21) (2016 PCSJ)
- Difference between confession and admission
- Relevancy and admissibility are not synonyms. Comment.
- Equitable & Promissory Estoppel.
- Accomplice and evidentiary value of his testimony
- Study illustrations of Section 7, 9, 14, 21, 34, 43, 91, 92, 149, 153
- Uniform Civil code (Triple Talaq)
- Problem of child labour
- Problem on Cyber Crime
- Global warming- Flood, Draughts, Cyclone.
- Independence of Judiciary-NJAC.
- Empowerment of women.
- Constitutional & Social Morality.
- Euthanasia & Its Legality.
IAS NEXT (Coaching for Civil and Judicial services in Lucknow),
2nd floor, Shahar plaza, Munshipuliya, Opp. Canara Bank, Indira Nagar, Lucknow
Ph. No. – (0522) 4241011 Mobile No. – 09454721860