The Pre-historic period can be classified as:
- Palaeolithic Age – Old Stone Age (BC 1 0000 years ago)
- Neolithic Age- New Stone Age (BC 10000 -BC 4000)
- Chalcolithic Age- Copper Stone Age (BC 3000-BC 1 500)
- Iron Age – Iron Age (BC 1500-BC600)
An era of some important events
- The beginning of the Earth -4.6 Billion years ago
- The appearance of man – 4000 years ago (Homosepians)
- The beginning of the city’s -4700 years ago
Old Stone Age: (Palaeolithic Age)
- They were nomad
- They discovered fire by using the flint stone.
New Stone Age: (Neolithic Age)
- The first animal they tamed was dog.
- They used polished, carved, sharp stone weapons.
- The wheel was invented.
- Copper was the first metal used by them.
Places in India where the Old Stone Age tools were found:
- Pimpet Ca, Mageshwa
- Rajasthan – Luni Valley
- Karnataka – Pagalkha
- Andhrapradesh – Kurnool caves
- Tamilnadu – Vadamadurai, Athirambakkam, Pallavaram, Kanchipuram, Vellur, Thiruvallur
Copper Age: (Chalcolithic Age)
- They made tools out of copper as well as small stones.
- They drew colourful pictures with geometrical patterns
- The Harappan culture belonged to this age
The period when the tools were made up of iron was called Iron Age.
Indus Valley Civilization